Monday, February 25, 2019

A Little More Stitchin'

Gentle Friends, I'm slowly moving along the bottom part of the sampler from R to L.... here's a shot...

... thus far it's been a pretty easy stitch, and so long as I pay attention as I stitch the mis-stitches are few and far between...!!  This is an antique sampler and it was charted as it was originally stitched in the 18th century.  This "original " charting includes quite a few mis-stitches and wonky bits.  I have, as I stitch along fixed a few of them, so long as they don't shift other motifs or create problems down the road.  Mostly I've just evened up some of the problems that would drive me crazy, like missing or badly placed stitches.  I think I've come up with a plan for the inclusion of initials.... some that are meaningful to me and some that are just filler....  there are so many in this piece!!
____________________
There you go sports fans!!  Thanks for stopping by do stop again!

"Good Thoughts, Good Words, Good Deed"
edgar

5 comments:

  1. It's really looking good. I kind of do the same things with reproduction samplers, fix a few then leave a few.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edgar, it is really taking shape of course looks fabulous what a lovely Quaker...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Edgar: This is such a lovely piece, I am like you I like to add meaningful initials.
    I hope you are warming up in your part of the world, its cold and snowy here.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Another Rabbit Hole......

 Gentle Friends, here's a snaperoo of Sarah... ... I'd be further along if it weren't for my phone.  My phone you say!  Specific...