Monday, October 15, 2018

A Little Stitchin' and Framing

Gentle Friends, still stitching away on Smith Sampler and here's a snap of where it is at the moment...


... I'm in the third section of this piece and am looking towards the finish already... 
I think next up will be a nice Christmassy piece...?
______________________

I also picked up the last piece I had at the framers ...


"Sojourner" by Heart's Ease Example Workes

My take on this sampler.  It was a super piece to work on and one of the changes I did make was to swap out the called for silk color of the California Poppies which I thought was far to pale. Instead, I used a darker orange silk - "Lasagna" by Belle Soie, Classic Colorworks.  I thought it came much closer to the actual color of the poppies and since this is a California sampler I wanted it to look like the poppies I see all the time...

 ... and here's where I have it hanging ... on my sampler wall along the staircase... I shifted a couple of things and made it work.  When I thought about getting this one framed I felt it should be gold or golden color - since we are the "Golden State" and eventually it came down to two choices... so Rico picked this one and I really like his decision.  This chart was originally commissioned for the Bay Area Sampler Guild and then only as a Class Piece... now its available for purchase at quite a few shops.
______________

There you go sports fans - more France soon - thanks for stopping by do stop again!

Take care,
edgar

14 comments:

  1. Your work is simply beautiful...I have no other words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo - well done! Love your sampler wall. It would make stair climbing a pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have made good stitching progress on your sampler. Love the frame job on Sojourner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your stitching and your finish. Your wall is amazing! I recognize so many of them from watching you post your progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful samplers! Love your variety of frames. I had not seen Sojourner before your posting. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your framed sampler is just beautiful. I love that sampler stairway!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You never cease to amaze, Edgar. Sojourner and the Smith are truly
    exquisite and your workmanship superb.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks really grand in the gold colored frame.. the staircase looks lovely with all the framed work together. One would never finish the climb or descent, we would just stop looking at all the lovely pieces there

    ReplyDelete
  9. Edgar,Your sampler is absolutely gorgeous and the gold frame is perfect! I love your sampler wall!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your latest finish is simply gorgeous. I love the frame you chose. Thanks for the eye candy on the staircase wall! Sampler heaven!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Edgar, love the sampler wall. I have begun to frame my samplers ( I usually just put them in a basket) for a wall too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just WOW, I love the sampler wall Robyn in Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your stitching is beautiful! I enjoyed seeing your stitching wall.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just found you! YAY! Love the sampler wall and everything else!

    ReplyDelete

It's Spring!!

Gentle Friends, a lovely variation of Vivaldis's first movement of Spring....  bright and cheerful........ ________________ The year mov...