Thursday, June 22, 2017

A Little Thrifting

Gentle Friends, out and about again over the weekend and I found some fun things....

...  I picked up 3 things... the nice aquatint of a mill in the Calvados region of northern France...

... I also picked up this great little hard past porcelain cup, I think it's a punch cup, due to the decoration.  I've been looking at it for almost a month at the Goodwill, but I just couldn't justify the purchase until it hit the half price shelves on Saturday - 

... and I found this at a thrift store...It's a reproduction and contains stone removed from the Cathedral during restoration work. This is from Wells Cathedral c. 1240 - from the east aisle of the north transept and represents a sexless Salamander, a reminder to the monks of their vow of celibacy.
______________________

There you go sports fans, thanks again for stopping by do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar  



5 comments:

  1. Great finds. That's most certainly an interesting salamander!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice finds. The info on the last item was very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always manage to find such great things!!!That cup is beautiful and what interesting facts about the last piece.

    ReplyDelete

It's Spring!!

Gentle Friends, a lovely variation of Vivaldis's first movement of Spring....  bright and cheerful........ ________________ The year mov...