Tuesday, September 15, 2015

A Little Baking

Gentle Friends... you may remember that I acquired a Bundt pan a while ago and was less than happy with it.... in my travel through Consignment shops and Estate sales I have kept a look out for a replacement pan since I certainly I wasn't going to pay upwards of $50.....  this past Saturday I found a really nice Nordic Ware "Bavarian" 10 cup pan that looked to have never been used.....


.... you know if I got a new pan I was going to make a cake.....
... I made my Great Aunt Sue's "Apricot Nectar Cake."   It's a really easy recipe......

Apricot Nectar Cake
1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
1/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup apricot nectar
4 eggs

Glaze
1 cup confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice

1. Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan or Bundt pan. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. Combine cake mix with sugar, cooking oil, and apricot nectar. Beat for two minutes with mixer. Add eggs one at a time, beating for 30 seconds after each addition. Pour batter into pan.
3. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan before turning out onto a plate.
4. In a small bowl, mix lemon juice with confectioners' sugar until you reach desired consistency. Drizzle glaze over sides of warm cake.

_________________

That's about it for today sports fans, thanks for stopping by, do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

10 comments:

  1. Dearest Edgar: What a find, there used to be a factory on hiway 55 20 miles from me that made these pans, they have moved somewhere I am not sure, this is a real find they do not I believe make this type any longer.
    The cake looks yummy.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way the cake matches the plate. Mmmm, I will have to try that cake. I love apricot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one gorgeous cake, yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cake looks yummy and the pan makes a beautiful design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great find edgar, good for you! recipe sounds and looks pretty dang good. baker's joy is the only thing that calms my nerves when using a bundt pan...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pan and delicious looking cake!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A super first outing for the new pan, doesn't that look just too good to cut up and eat... yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh. That is an awesome pan for a glazed cake. it has so many nooks and crannies for the glaze to cover.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my that cake looks delicious!! Where do you buy apricot nectar at?

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...