Monday, April 29, 2013

A Quaker Finish

Gentle Friends I am so happy that you enjoyed my little "walk" through my neighborhood.  That was only the first few blocks, it goes on quite a ways, down into the Mission...  so there will be more "walks" to come.

Over the weekend I finished up Miss Elizabeth - here's a snap... sorry it has such a blue cast to it, this was taken with daylight streaming in....


Scarlet Letter - "Elizabeth Sheppard - 1820"
LL 36ct Vintage Magnolia
2/23/13 - 4/27/13
Converted DMC 3803,934 & 3031 to 
Gloriana "Dried Pink Roses," Elizabethan Green" and Belle Soie "Briar Patch"

You can see I decided to leave off her name and original date and put in my initials and this year.  It was a really fun piece to stitch and I really took my time and enjoyed the work.  

I did start something else but at the moment I am less that thrilled with the linen I am using and will probably switch it out for something else...  I am waffling between a light vintage and a great piece of meadowlark.....  I think just writing that I have made my decision...  I'll get a snap up in the morning.

Thanks for stopping by, do stop again.

Take care,
edgar

29 comments:

  1. Miss Elizabeth looks wonderful. I love the fact that you put your own initials and current date on it. This is something that I am thinking about doing on my Mary Wigham, whenever I get to that point. I look forward to seeing a snap of your new project!
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful! I love the threads you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Edgar, it's beautiful!
    well done!! you're such a fast stitcher!! can't wait to see what's next ;)
    happy xxx,
    chiara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it is so nice to have a finish, and Elizabeth is a lovely one! What is next??? Its funny it is always on to the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the finish!! Can't wait to see what you dive into next. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning finish Edgar!! I love this quaker design!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful finish Edgar!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on a lovely finish, Edgar. I do love Quaker designs and I love you colour selection. I'm looking forward to our next "walk" together!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah! She is very beautiful, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your eye for color Edgar - wow! Elizabeth is just darned beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another beautiful finish! Congrats! Do you have her frame picked out yet?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Elizabeth is gorgeous! Congrats on the finish!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  13. Edgar - that is one beautiful finish - I love how the touch of colour draws your eye to the different motifs.

    Please take us on more SF walks - that was fun :)

    BTW - what is a 'foo foo' chocolate shop???

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on a beautiful finish!! I love Quakers! Elizabeth is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your finish! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. congratulations on your finish, i enjoyed watching your progress - hugs, Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is gorgeous Edgar, congratulations on a great finish

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice...lovely finish and beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's a beauty now its completed.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great finish, I often use my own initials...hey why not they are going on there anyway. Isn't the next start always problematic, It is either the fabric or the first counting ( start) I always make a mistake until I get going....

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love it! I started something Quaker myself but mine is more green.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Pretty, pretty, pretty Mr. Edgar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Elizabeth looks gorgeous ... blue cast & all : )

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...