Friday, November 2, 2012

Stitchin' Along

Gentle Friends I did want to thank you for all you kind comments - they do warm the heart!!!
_______

Not much going on here by the Bay - I am stitching on an exchange piece that will go out next week, so I have no a snap of that yet to show. 

Something I can show that I am working ever so slowly is Erynne's "Merry and Bright" SAL.... and here's a snap of my tiny bit o'progress....


I am really enjoying this stitch, not only is the chart easy to follow and totally cute, but this Silkweaver linen is a dream to stitch on!!

Yesterday surfing around the Blog's I ran into another SAL headed up by The Thread Basket - the design is TourniCoton and is called "Charmant Joyeux Noel."  It is on the small side but looks to be a really fun piece to stitch.  Only 2 parts have been released so far.  I did a floss toss last night and here's what I came up with.....


The linen is a PTP piece of 32ct "Dill" - the called for linen is 32ct "Nougat" or "Cocoa."  This piece has a overall brownish cast to it, but I do like the incursions of green, and think it will add to the finished piece.  Although I pulled the recommend DMC Floss, I feel I may just have to switch them out for some delicious Belle Soie before starting to stitch...  wouldn't that be super!! 
_______________

That's about it for today sports fans.  Thanks again for stopping by and for your comments and emails!!!  Have a super weekend!

Take care,
edgar

14 comments:

Lisa V said...

I too have fallen for Erynne's Merry & Bright and downloaded the chart the other day. Now I have seen your start, it has definately made me want to kit it up faster.
I shall look forward to your progress pics.

Shirlee said...

Lovely start! Can't wait to see it move along : )

Carolyn said...

Edgar,
Merry and Bright is looking great. I can't wait to see the colors you come up with for the Charmant Joyeux Noel. Thanks for another link.

Jodi S said...

Love the Merry and Bright progress so far... The fabric you chose for Joyeux Noel is lovely. Can't wait to see your start on that one!

SewAmy said...

Merry & Bright is looking so good. I love the colors.... but I love Christmas.

cucki said...

lovely start xxx

riona said...

Your Merry and Bright is off to a good start. But I am even more intrigued by your Joyeux Noel fabric choice. I will be watching to see how that develops. I have a very similar fabric [Silkweaver's Ltd. Ed. Mississippi Mud] which I tried using for Alisandre Adelaide's Zucca and my floss toss looked just fine. But once I started stitching I had to admit that the fabric had hitherto unsuspected military ambitions. As the various oranges were actually stitched, the fabric began to look like jungle camouflage, more green than brown. I still haven't gotten around to frogging what I stitched. I love the fabric and would enjoy using it on something special. Sooooo, I shall be watching your progress very carefully to see how your colors work with a cocoa brown cum green background fabric. Maybe it will give me some tips on how to use my fabric.

Susan said...

Merry and Bright is very cute - I have printed the pattern, but not sure when I will get to stitching. Thanks for the link to the other SAL - love the fabric you picked.

missy said...

Looking good, Edgar and that 32. Dill is delicious looking.

Barb said...

Merry and Bright is looking good! I'm going to take a look at the other SAL. I'm doing the BBD Christmas Garden. It is big and I want it done by Dec. so that is taking all my stitching time. Have a great week-end!

Teresa said...

Can't wait to see more of Merry and Bright. Love all the colors in floss toss.
I made your apple bars, boy were they a hit. I didn't have a lemon so my glaze was with milk and a little cinnamon.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Elisa said...

What a lovely bright and jolly design you are stitching on...looking forward to watching it grow :)

Chris said...

Great progress. I am loving your progress. I can't stitch these myself right now so I am enjoying seeing this stitched up!

Jennifer said...

I love those colors for your Christmas sampler! You stitch soooooo fast!!! need tips!

Jennifer