Monday, April 1, 2024

Flowers for Spring

Gentle Friends, I had to make a major adjustment to my new start... I had to return to the stash and find another sampler to stitch.  Here is a snap of what I am working on now...

"Sarah Barker 1840" from Needlework Press
37ct Cloudburst by Sotema Linen
My Overdyed Floss Conversion 

So, long story short... the linen I had wanted to use and actually began stitching the PS piece on was about just shy of an inch or so....short on the top and bottom.  I knew it going in as I had done all the measurements...and...had used shortish linen to stitch on before but on far smaller projects.  Those tight quarters I thought I could make work...how wrong I was.   As I got going my Q-snaps were having issues with the short linen, a little slidey.  I knew this was a big piece and just did not want to fight with the linen for months on end so I frogged out what I had stitched, ironed the linen put it back into stash and resigned myself to going over the Bay Bridge to Alameda and visiting Needle in a Haystack, my LNS. It has been a long time since I've made a trip and now I have an excuse and a need for a massive piece of linen!!
__________________________

That's about it for today sports fans.  Thanks for stopping by do stop again.  
Stay Safe!!

Good Thoughts! Good Words! Good Deeds!
edgar

4 comments:

  1. Your start on Sarah looks good, Edgar. Sorry the other didn't work out at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! This new pattern seems very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty spring flowers. Bummer about the PS piece but glad you changed course when you did. I would likely have stubbornly forged ahead and then given up on it halfway through and tossed it in a never-to-be-completed pile. And what a delightful "consequence" to your decision. Have fun shopping! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work! You're so good at color changs.

    ReplyDelete

Sampler Stitchin'

 Gentle Friends, still stitching away on Sarah... here's a snaperoo... ... I think I'll move through the centre section for a while....