Monday, December 5, 2022

A Little Finish and a Little Start

Gentle Friends, over the last week or so we had a lovely Thanksgiving with friends and family... and now we a quickly moving toward Christmas...  I finished up the Winter Floral Sampler and here's a snap...

"Winter Floral Sampler" from Knotted Tree Needle Art
11/5 - 11/27/22
30ct WDW Tin Roof - Called for NPI Silk

I recharted the right-hand side from about "w" to the right edge, and am very happy with the results.
_______________________

The next piece that I started is one that's been on the back burner for years.  Another stitcher helped me out with the chart as I had misplaced it but had my copy without a key...  here's a snap of where I've gotten so far...


"In Memory" - Midsummer Night Designs
40ct LL Vintage Buttercream -  Belle Soie and NPI Silks

It's called "In memory" from Midsummer Night Designs.  The chart has only ever appeared in Just Cross Stitch magazine that I'm aware of. I've made a pretty good start on the border.  I'm stitching this as a piece for my mom who's been gone now for 10 years.
________________________

That's about it for today sports fans.  Thanks for stopping by do stop again.  Stay Safe!

Good Thoughts! Good Words! Good Deeds1
edgar

8 comments:

  1. Edgar, love the cardinal finish!! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Edgar: It truly is a beauty, I love seeing what you are working on.
    Merry Christmas
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful finish, Edgar! Your new start looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw. I did a memorial ornament for my dad a few years ago (I think it's on my blog). I'm now on a search for a pattern to make one for my father in law who passed a year ago. I'm still working on painting this new-to-us house but once I'm done with that, I'm hoping to dig out some more stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back - up and running soul - Just love your finish and your
    new project shows promise with that lovely border. Red cardinals have become so a part of the Christmas theme in needlework. You never
    disappoint with your choices, Edgar. Always inspiring..

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Winter Floral Sampler came out beautiful! Congrats on this finish and thank you for taking the time to share it. It's always enjoyable to see what you are stitching next.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pattern - it's quite different. The new start has such pretty colours

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great new start Edgar! I love that you are stitching it in memory of your mom.

    ReplyDelete

Flowers and Fruit

 Gentle Friends, I wrapped up the centre square stitching... here's a snaperooo... ... I thought about straightening up the baskets and ...