Sunday, December 12, 2021

Quite a Bit of Christmas and a Fruity Finish

Gentle Friends, over the past week I've been baking and mailing out Christmas Treat boxes near and far... this year I made up a few dozen of each of these...

Spicy Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies

Christmas Butter Cookies and Oatmeal/Coconut Cookies

and lots of Pralines...
________________________

On Friday evening we headed downtown to Davis Symphony Hall for a performance of...

Handel's "Messiah" - this was our view of the soloists, musicians, and the Chorus.  It was so nice to go to a live performance and we love this piece of music and really enjoyed the evening!!!
_____________________

Yesterday I finished up my year-long SAL from Modern Folk Embroidery... here's the finished piece...

"The Fruits of Plenty" - Modern Folk EMbroidery
40ct Moonglow from PTP
CC - Wavy Navy and GAST Morning Glory
___________________

I also worked a bit on MCEV and got the house filled in with "Red Pear"... here's a snap...

... now I've got to get this sucker finished up for Christmas...  
there's lots of white snow stitching fill on the hill still to do...
__________________

That's about it for today sports fans.  
Thanks for stopping by do stop again.  Stay Safe!

Good Thoughts! Good Words! Good Deeds!
edgar










8 comments:

  1. Your Fruits of Plenty finish is absolutely STUNNING!! And great progress on Ella!! But, oh my....you had me at those treats LOL. I used to make a Mexican chocolate cookie (for Christmases Past) but they were rolled and cut out with a VERY stiff dough. I broke several wooden spoons LOL...but, oh were they good! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  2. The treats look so delicious, Edgar. Well done on getting Fruits finished! It is stunning. Ella is looking fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a glorious SAL finish....outstanding. It appears a perfect evening was spent at the concert hall... With your baking and goodness, you and Ric round out Christmastide in truly traditional fashion. When did you
    find the time to progress on MCEV? Intrepid....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Edgar: Your goodies look yummy, I need to get to baking.
    Beautiful Samplers, the Modern Folk design is stunning, Jacob is a very talented in designing Samplers.

    Merry Christmas
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, a blog post with all our favorites--cookies and beautiful embroidery! Thank-you, Edgar, for showing those soulpleasers and congratulations on your gorgeous finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your finished SAL piece is so beautiful! You were so diligent with it. Thank you for all that you share with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Edgar, the Fruits of Plenty is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I can finally comment on the beautiful blue sampler you have finished!! It is amazing. Speaking of amazing those cookies make my mouth water. Due to 20 extra pounds, no cookies at this house. I made some but gave them all away!

    ReplyDelete

Sampler Stitchin'

 Gentle Friends, still stitching away on Sarah... here's a snaperoo... ... I think I'll move through the centre section for a while....