Tuesday, October 19, 2021

A Little Brunchin'

 Gentle Friends, Sunday we set a date for Brunch with friends of ours to meet in Cole Valley, which is between the Haight and the Castro just over the hill from where we live in Noe Valley, at a new to us restaurant called Zazie.  Here's a snap I stole off the internet because I forgot to take a snap when we were there... 


... and even though we had a wait of about an hour and 1/2 before we were sat I still forgot to get a snap of the front...  usually, I won't wait for more than about 20 minutes but we all wanted to eat here and after putting our names in the queue we were I think 87th inline......  we went shopping.  Cole Valley is very much like Noe Valley, our neighborhood, lots of shops and a great place to walk around so the wait was not bad at all.  As with most restaurants here in the City, they have a double "parklet" built in the parking spaces directly in front but we got sat at an inside table.  Here's what we had...

Rico got the scrambled egg dish... "Genevieve", leave it to him to find the dish with the avocado... he loves that fruit!!

Denise got the Eggs Benedict "Divorcee" without fontina...

Julie got the Omelette du Jour, with butternut squash and grilled onions...

... and I got the eggs benedict "Monaco"... the egg was perfectly done and the roasted tomato a delicious addition...I like that you can order just a single eggs benedict and a single pancake...  so I also ordered a gingerbread pancake for us all to share!

... I love gingerbread and this exceeded my expectations, it was warm, thick, and delicious, the lemon curd was tangy, and the poached pear perfect.  The long wait was well worth it and we'll be back!!
____________________

That's about it for today sports fans, thanks for stopping by do stop again.  Stay Safe!
Good Thoughts! Good Words! Good Deeds!
edgar

7 comments:

  1. Your meal looked incredible. You had me at gingerbread pancake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Edgar: Oh my my tummy is growling, this food looks so good.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may have had "Robin in Virginia" at gingerbread pancake, but you have me at brunch LOL. I love breakfast foods and these dishes look and sound fabulous. ~Robin (Not in Virginia)~

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pancake looks delicious! Looks like you all enjoyed tasty breakfasts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delicious looking brunch!! The wait did not sound too bad as you were able to shop around a bit!

    ReplyDelete

Flowers and Fruit

 Gentle Friends, I wrapped up the centre square stitching... here's a snaperooo... ... I thought about straightening up the baskets and ...