Monday, July 15, 2019

A Couple of Stitchin' Oldies

Gentle Friends, I'm still stitchin away on my Christmas present piece so I'll post a couple more pieces from my stitching past... these two Quakers I really enjoyed stitching and still love seeing every day...

... my version of the Beatrix Potter Quaker sampler... 

.
... and the Companion Beatrix Potter Quaker... I really like how the second one is framed much better than the first.  I like a really tight framing and since the "Historic" Quakers were framed tight, that really appeals to me... and if I could go back I would tighten up and have no "white" space between the stitching and the frame.... but hind site is 20/20!!
______________

There you go sports fans, thanks for stopping by do stop again!!

Good Thoughts! Good Words! Good Deeds!

edgar

6 comments:

  1. Both of your Quaker flashbacks are beautiful, Edgar! They are very appealing with their colors and frame selections. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both beautiful I prefer mine with a 1/2 in border. When they are too close I feel like it looks unfinished...my 2 cents worth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pieces are both very pretty. I know the second framing is more true to the Quaker tradition, but unlike you I am partial to the framing on the first piece. Everyone has their own preferences.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely samplers. I stitched the first but not the companion. Seeing yours makes me think I need to stitch that one too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember these and tracking your progress :) Those were the good old days when I was regular at checking blogs
    Hope all is well with you

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely, your home must be full of stitching masterpieces. x

    ReplyDelete

Flowers and Fruit

 Gentle Friends, I wrapped up the centre square stitching... here's a snaperooo... ... I thought about straightening up the baskets and ...