Monday, March 18, 2019

A Little Stitchin'

Gentle Friends, starting to wrap up the 1789 Quaker with the addition of all the initials... here's a shot of where I left off...


... I'm adding in all the bits, pieces and extra stitches along with the charted initials for fill.  It's interesting that they, the initials are scattered about and some are over 1 and some over 2.  It almost feels as I stitch that they were added as an afterthought where there was space.  Oh, well, trying to puzzle out why something was stitched over two hundred years ago is futile so I'll just move along and work it out until I finish up.

I've picked out my next project.  Something I've had in my stash for years and although not a "Historic" sampler, it's a sampler all the same.  Based on mid-Atlantic pieces the piece I think it will be fun to stitch up... and it has a great border!!
____________________

There you go sports fans.  Thanks for stopping by do stop again!!

Good Words, Good Thoughts, Good Deeds!

edgar

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Edgar! You are closing in on a finish with this one. It is such a stunning Quaker. Look forward to seeing what the next project will be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another amazing piece from the hands of Edgar!! Can't wait to see what is next!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...