Monday, August 21, 2017

A Little Stitchin' - with an update bit of info....

Gentle friends, well, here's a snaperoo of the latest finished "block" of AotH...

 ... it is probably my least favorite Block so far for color, I think it works well overall visually ... but... as with many of the suggested flosses that are found in BBD charts... the tones of the colors are so similar that they look like there is no change... so much so that I backstitched around the windows just to delineate them from the house walls... A little family info...this block I stitched for my paternal grandparents - now both gone - my Granny was named after her grandmother... so her name reaches back to 1860 and my Great-great -grandmother in Tennessee.  

Don't get me wrong I really love BBD for design and have lots of their charts. The only real change I made was with the trees they were supposed to be stitched with CC Camouflage and I used GAST Forest Glade - they look much more pine trees than would have had I used Camouflage....

.... and here's the piece with what I finished so far...
please do excuse any stray who hound hair in the photos.
______________

That's about it for today sports fans, thanks again for stopping by do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your latest block finish! I like the windows outlined with the darker thread. Have a good week, Edgar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning!

    I know what you mean about the flosses, Edgar. I had the same issue when I was stitching this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another gorgeous block... this is a beautiful project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a wonderful project, Edgar! Gorgeous stitching too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is beautiful so far. What an interesting note about your grandparents. I love the way you are personalizing the design. Good choice for tree color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It may not have been your favourite but it fits perfectly with the other blocks! Interesting to read about your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you've personalized this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Edgar - that is a masterpiece! I love it!

    MaryO1230

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful square! How interesting my husband's grandmother's maiden name was McCord, her family was from Tennessee!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I DO enjoy reading your blog so much Edgar. I was actually re-reading it today and had not note your reference to Tennessee. I am a born and raised Tennessean. :) As a matter-of-fact, I had a great-grandmother whose name WAS Tennessee but often went by Tennie C. due to being self-conscious of her name. Amazing how we can find so many connections to others when we just look. Keep stitchin my friend (and we will keep reading and be inspired). I have been eyeing these big projects for some time now, maybe I will take the leap. Kathryn P.

    ReplyDelete

Flowers and Fruit

 Gentle Friends, I wrapped up the centre square stitching... here's a snaperooo... ... I thought about straightening up the baskets and ...