Friday, June 10, 2016

"No Count Sarah" - 1958

Gentle Friends, the post title refers to one of the most wonderful Studio albums ever put out by the incomparable Sarah Vaughn.  On this particular album is one of my all-time favorite songs, and I thought I would leave off the week with a little music........

...  the song is "Moonlight in Vermont" - published in 1944.  It has been a favorite song of mine for years and years and I have dozens of covers of it from many different artists.  I think Sarah's version is one of the best there is or probably ever will be.....  I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
___________________

There you go something lovely to listen to going into the weekend....  
Thanks for stopping by do stop again!

Take care,
edgar

6 comments:

  1. Thank you Edgar for this so beautiful song :I really enjoyed it :)
    Have a wonderful week-end too,
    Isa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Thank sharing this arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You ;o). I saw that a word was missing just as my text disappeared from view. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE music from the 40's!! Whenever our car gets free XM radio I turn it right to the 40's station!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this song! This is my kind of music - I listen to the standards pretty exclusively. I hadn't heard this rendition so was so glad you shared it. It's on my playlist now.

    Blessings - Julie

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...