Thursday, November 5, 2015

Thrifting Thursday

Gentle Friends.... it was slim pickins' last weekend but I was still able to find a couple of things......


...  I had seen the hand colored photo of Bridalveil Falls at the Goodwill a couple of weeks ago it was on the expensive side....  so when I noticed it had gone to 1/2 price I snapped that sucker up!!  In one of the consignment shops I found both the VMC "William & Mary" cipher trivet and the little  Russian lacquer box.  The book about V&A looked interesting and should be a fun read.
___________________

That's about it for today sports fans, thanks once again for stopping by - do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

4 comments:

  1. Chicken one day....feathers the next. My favorite is the photo. But is it dirty or just muted colors? It has an interesting name, I will have to see what I can find out about it.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I just posted something about finding out about how Bridalveil Falls got it's name. I didn't realize there were so many of them with the same name, and located from coast to coast. Interesting that one in Yosemite Valley was believed to have the entrance guarded by a vengeful spirit named Pohono and people leaving must not look directly into the waterfall lest they be cursed but inhaling the mist of it would improve one's chances of marriage. But didn't see anything about how it got it's name. A very interesting post today Edgar. You've got me wanting to know more about a waterfall I didn't even know existed. Thanks for posting that picture.

    Paula








    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good finds again all around. I especially like the William and Mary trivet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Edgar: Again finding such wonderful items, the William and Mary trivet is fantastic.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...