Monday, August 24, 2015

A Little Stitchin'

Gentle Friends, I've been working on a couple of pieces this past week.....


.... here's where I'm at on AaHRH and a piece for a Hallowe'en Exchange I can't show just yet.  This first house almost did me in - all the red/yellow/red/yellow bricks, but now they are done and only a few words a cat and a swing and it will be on to the next square......
________________

That's about it on the stitchity front, the weekend was low key and cool breezes.  Thanks for stopping in, do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

12 comments:

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Beautiful piece--love the fallish colors and theme. Glad you kept going and did not let the bricks defeat you.

Wanda said...

Love your AHRH Edgar! Gorgeous colours!

Tricia B said...

The house is beautiful! Looking forward to the weekly progress.

Laura said...

That is turning out wonderful! (except for the spiders - I don't like spiders) What fabric are you using? Oh and have you been over to Needle in a Haystack since they move into their new location yet? Just wondering how the shop is set up now and all....

Sharon said...

I love, love, love the fall colors! I have been chomping at the bit for "pumpkin spice" season to arrive! I bet the bricks were time consuming but the look is definitely oh-so-worth your efforts!

Julie said...

Houses always seem to take forever to stitch.... this one does look impressive.

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

Yeah...that was one of the reasons I passed on this design when it came out...that house and those bricks. Yowza! But you plowed through it beautifully! :)

needlenurse said...

Pretty colors! Looking forward to seeing more of this one.

Paula

CathieJ said...

I love that house although I can see it is quite a lot of work.

Anna van Schurman said...

Love that checkerboard house! :)

Annette-California said...

Your pumpkins & House are so wonderful! Beautiful stitching!!!

Kevin said...

I love this one!!! Beautiful stitching, as always, Edgar!!