Friday, February 8, 2008

It's Friday.....

The little bit of stitching I did last night wasn't worth a picture, so none to share. I got so caught up in a PBS show called The Medici - Godfathers of the Renaissance that I was watching that and not really stitching. It was just fascinating and I learned tons about Florence and the Cathedral's Dome built by Brunelleschi. I remember seeing the Cathedral and knowing some of the history of the dome but not everything. The Baptistry is also a stunning building especially the Gates of Paradise, the north doors.

I think it will be a short one today.

Thanks for stopping by!!

take care,
edgar

2 comments:

  1. Florence was one of my favorite cities when we visited Italy, and that church was absolutely stunning. It's amazing what they accomplished without the use of power tools and computers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you have to watch and not stitch else you end up frogging and rewinding the movie!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...